Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Linux, Mark Cuban

Again, it's been awhile since I've posted what I've been reading, but I'll give a quick summary of what I've been up to...

I finally installed Mandrake Linux 10 on my computer...everything is KINDA smooth...my last problem remaining is my weird soundcard that came with the computer...the ALSA driver that comes with 10.0 has some "first-time initialization" bug, and I haven't recompiled the updated version yet...so every time I start up, it hangs on the initialization for ALSA drivers section...no sound yet, but I'm confident I'll get there...

As for other stuff I've been checking out...an interesting article by Mark Cuban (blogger and owner of the Dallas Mavericks) on the future of digital media...he points out that media formats like CD and DVD are destined to have a short industry-life, due to the falling price of data storage on more "conventional" hard drives. I say "conventional" because hey, the guy's a billionaire who seemingly buys gizmos like crazy (wouldn't you?).

Gotta jet...I can't believe they make me WORK at this job!

No comments: