Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This hopefully is not true

"NHTSA officials told investigators that the agency doesn't employ any electrical engineers or software engineers."

I tried not to get swept up in the whole Toyota recall business, but it's sometimes impossible to avoid. But seriously, this is embarrassing and dangerous, and I seriously hope it's not true (or the people who do QC are contractors or something). I know a modern car feels like a simple, gradual upgrade of the cars I grew up with, but that's simply not true. A car nowadays has millions of lines of code, and plenty of electrical components that are prone to a short circuit or some other type of malfunction.

Well, I guess less government is better, and the market will soon speak and give us a safer mode of transportation all by itself very shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.