Sunday, January 06, 2008

Christmas part 2

So I'm doing some laundry today right? Pretty sweet as is, but then something AWESOME happens. Dude in the apartment next to me is moving out, and is putting a bunch of stuff in the free box in the laundry room. What do I score? An IKEA ironing board, one of those little tabletop ones that I actually wanted from IKEA. What else? A near-new Black and Decker iron. I don't know much about irons, but it looks awesome. So if you see some dude walkin' down Franklin Ave, lookin' like he just did some ironing, that's probably me.

Also, if you're thinking about a tivo, get one of these instead. Mark my words - these things (or another open-source "clone") will be what everyone is talking about by the end of the year. Tivos suck because they don't interface easily with computers, and their format is relatively inaccessible, but open source hardware? Brilliant, with potential for a very long lifespan.

No comments: