Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What the bleep do we know?

How do I let this movie reside in my possession for so long, then I finally watch it last night on a whim? Is it fate? Am I just susceptible to this line of thought because I've been thinking about stuff like this recently? I'm always skeptical when a movie "changes" my way of thinking - was I really that far off from reality to begin with? Am I being suckered into some cult? Am I going to go out and read The Secret??

The movie is thick with cheese, but it's there for a reason - it really amplifies the serious arguments and theories. Parts of it will bring you back to the golden age of after-school specials. Personally, I don't find the spiritualism/mysticism angle particularly believable - but the other ideas are solid...it's a long stretch from "shaping your own reality" to "living the way God would". I'll get back to you on this after I lick a toad and ingest some peyote.

Highly recommended, though I seem to say that about every movie I see. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending some time with some wikibooks on quantum physics tonight and tomorrow - wish me luck!

No comments: