Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Neat blogs and more ATHF

I found this just hilarious and couldn't pass it up. I know, you're probably sick of the Aqua Teen thing as much as I am, but seriously, can a $2 million settlement buy this kind of marketing? Not normally - I'd say it's a PR coup for Turner broadcasting! It's more than the city even requested!

On to the hilarious part - the day after this whole scare, Boston authorities found two pipe bombs:
The pipe bomb-like devices were reported at both locations just after 1 p.m. and are unrelated to the advertising scheme for Cartoon Network’s “Aqua Teen Hunger Force,” police officials said.
In the hospital incident, investigators believe a former hospital employee planted the phony bomb in an office at 185 Harrison Ave. He has been identified but has not been charged, the sources said.


Yes, that's right - the guys who planted Lite-Brites of cartoons all over the city are still facing charges (while those who paid for the guerrilla marketing campaign roam free), and some dude who made his own fake pipe bombs (designed to look like real bombs) has not been charged. Ah, news.

Also, I'm really trying to branch out and read more blogs - I've found Mr. Barnett's to be great as of late, and Mr. Robb's to be a bit sporadic. Tomorrow, I read more shloky, zenpundit, and tdaxp. Found some great links in those already.

This article in the Journal of Democracy
looks promising.

Also, I'm about to become completely wrapped up in blogs. I need a web-based RSS feed aggregator. Now. I remember using bloglines for stuff like this a loooooong time ago, but I remember their interface wasn't very intuitive. Perhaps if something would integrate with blogger a bit more, that might be nice.

No comments: