Monday, December 26, 2005

Hi there!

Hello out there in intrawebville! Hope your Christmas was merry and that you got to spend some quality time with your family. I got a couple cool books, a couple new magazine subscriptions, and a new CD (which I'm listening to right now, actually).

Oh, but the reason for this post was that I found some nifty podcasts on the Economist's site. I listened to the Wolfowitz one last night and it put me right to sleep, so I recommend something else, perhaps Amartya Sen? There are plenty of interesting topics, and I plan on listening to quite a few of these.

Also, someone told me that Bill and Melinda Gates are Time's Person of the Year (okay, so they're having a three-way with Bono). While I'm not a big fan of Microsoft's products or business practices, I think Bill Gates does wonderful things with his exorbitant amounts of money, and is deserving of the award. I suppose there are people who have received the award who are much less deserving (for more information, look up the following years: 1938, 1939, 1980, 1983, 1995, 2000, 2004)

No comments: