Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Music stuff

I know that I promised more music reviews for all my loyal readers, but, well, it turns out that I've been too lazy. But I did find something intersting today (which I haven't even listened to yet, so don't blame me if it's bad) - it's Abbie Hoffman's 1969 album, Wake Up America!, and it's free!

Okay, if that turns out to be bad, I know where you can find some free music that you're much more likely to agree with. From their main page:
We're a record label. But we're not evil.
We call it "try before you buy." It's the shareware model applied to music. Listen to 356 complete MP3 albums we've picked (not 30 second snippets).

We let the music sell itself, because we think that's the best way to get you excited by it.

Our selection is intentionally small: we never waste your time with mediocre music.

If you like what you hear, download an album for as little as $5 (you pick the price), or buy a real CD, or license our music for commercial use.

Artists keep half of every purchase. And unlike most record labels, our artists keep all the rights to their music.

No major label connections and no venture capital.

We are not evil.
It's true - I've been listening to lots of new stuff from this site, and I haven't heard anything yet which is truly awful - check it out. The only downside...where's the hiphop?

No comments: