Tuesday, April 19, 2005

It's official!

I've almost killed my blog by not posting to it for almost a week. It's good to see this intravoipormationsuperhighway still exists. I'm not even really that sure what I'm going to talk about.

First of all, if you like hiphop at all, you need to pick up the new Edan album. It's really good, even though Pitchfork likes it too.

While I'm at it, here's some other stuff I've been listening to recently: the new MIA album, though it's not quite as good as the Piracy Funds Terrorism mixtape. I also didn't have high hopes for the new Electric Six album, but as it turns out, rock-n-roll lives. The usual suspects are still in heavy rotation (Brother Ali, the Go! Team) along with some newly discovered gems (Cut Copy, Lemon Jelly), and some reggae thrown in for good measure (Horace Andy and Gregory Isaacs).

In other music news, you might want to check this out - collaborative music filtering - you just play the music you have through this player (or something like that), and it will tell you other artists that you might like. It sounds cool, but I can't test it out since there's no linux client. As far as I'm concerned, collaborative filtering and social bookmarking are the future of the intraweb.

As for interesting stuff to read, there's been quite a bit of it, but I've been too busy to pay much attention. Over the past week, WorldChanging has consistently interesting articles, covering such topics as public-private partnerships aimed at achieving the Millennium Development Goals, book reviews on our progress towards a sustainable future (someone should buy me that book!), and possible future ecosystem scenarios.

In other news, boingboing has been running article after article on the meeting of the World Intellectual Property Organization. I don't really have the energy to go into this right now, but if you read these, you'll have a good understanding as to why our current IP system is a bad one.

Meet my new favorite economic resource. It's still in the beta stage, but it's chock-full of good readings, just in case you get bored and are dying to learn more about current account deficits.

Oh, and the suspense is over: an aging white male has been elected pope. America's healing can now begin or whatever. And we can finally get back to the important news - Michael Jackson!

No comments: