Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Sinclair, finally

Okay, okay, so I know I'm the last political blogger to weigh in on the whole Sinclair scandal. Actually, I'm not even going to weigh in, because you probably already know how I feel about all of this. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Sinclair Broadcasting is forcing all its affiliates to air an anti-Kerry documentary just days before the election. Thanks to more prominent bloggers than I, this story is actually being covered by major news outlets. Here's a link to Sinclair advertisers in Minneapolis...Sinclair owns the dubya-bee.

Also temporarily important news include the Supreme Court's decision not to hear the case that could've forced ISPs to release names of p2p users. Verizon's defense was that lawsuits must be filed before subpoenas are issued...by the way, when I link to slashdot articles, it's really the comments that are the most enlightening...just below the text (and links) of the posting, change the 'threshold' to 4 or 5, and you'll get the best ones.

And Mark Dayton closing his office? I don't even know where to start...

No comments: