Saturday, March 21, 2009

It's time to rock some links

Hello boys and imaginary girls. Welcome to another exciting installment of this blog. Today's blog post is brought to you by the internet.

First up, we've got the precursor to craigslist. I suppose this is how people discovered weird things before the internet. Yeah, there was a time before the internet.

On a serious note, wikileaks is straight-up dying. They're broke. I can't even get to the donation page, but when they do come back online, consider donating. They host all kinds of documents that would not be made public otherwise - it just takes 10 bucks. Here's their twitter feed.

I'm sure you already know about Michelle Obama's new garden. This is a pretty interesting (and long) NYT magazine article on basketball recruiting - I'm interested to follow Trier's progress over the next few years. Last NYTimes link - folks who like replica Star Trek captain's chairs.

MIT unanimously agrees to Open Access policy. Open Access's wiki page.

If you're into retro gaming (and I am, trust me), you can play along with others and post discussions on Chrono Trigger. CT is one of my favorite SNES games of all time.

Here's an article on several libraries' special collections.

Weiner Dog on a Minimoog!

A pile of interesting images.

No comments: