Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Chris Webber

Okay, okay, I'm still working on starting up that other basketball blog. I just....haven't...started it yet.

So even some non-hoops fans know who Chris Webber is, right? While he was the "centerpiece" of a good Kings team, he's better known for calling a timeout during the NCAA championship game when his team didn't have any, resulting in a technical foul and a victory for North Carolina. That's gotta be the worst feeling ever.

But guess who wrote him a letter afterwards? The President. via truehoop:

Dear Chris,

I have been thinking of you a lot since I sat glued to the TV during the championship game.

I know that there may be nothing I or anyone else can say to ease the pain and discouragement of what happened.

Still, for whatever it's worth, you, and your team, were terrific. And part of playing for high stakes under great pressure is the constant risk of mental error. I know. I have lost two political races and made countless mistakes over the last twenty years. What matters is the intensity, integrity, and courage you bring to the effort. That is certainly what you h ave done. You can always regret what occurred but don't let it get you down or take away the satisfaction of what you have accomplished.

You have a great future. Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Bill Clinton

No comments: