Thursday, September 13, 2007

Woohoo!

Finally got the software combo mentioned in the post below to work. So now I have a nice little teevee in my room hooked up to a crap computer (with good video card), and I can watch the teevee on it. Except there's no channel-flipping, which I honestly think is the part about TV I hate the most. I guess I'll have to pick something and stick with it. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get some emulators on the computer, so I can lay in bed and play NES Tecmo Super Bowl.

Also, I'd like to point out that downloading copyrighted content is highly fucking illegal. If you are going to view content all willy-nilly (as you please, when you please), you are taking food out of the mouths of hungry corporate executives who do not want to disrupt the distribution status-quo. It is your fault, not theirs, that you cannot afford the money for cable, and it is also your fault that p2p streaming is THE superior method of content delivery and for some reason only pirates (as opposed to content creators) realize this. I hope you and your "substantial non-infringing uses" can sleep at night. Enjoy watching CSPAN.

And if you ARE using the software described in the previous post to download copyrighted shows...perhaps The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Extras, Flight of the Conchords...please buy an object from the advertisers that you do not see, but you know are there. Thank you for your continued support.

No comments: