Thursday, July 05, 2007

Freaky fourth

Well, all in all, it was a pretty fun fourth of July, full of fireworks, barbecue and beer. Run of the mill patriotic stuff, I guess.

But let me tell you a story about that day. So I wake up and I have the feeling that I had a dream, which is sort of rare for me since I usually don't remember much about my dreams. Anyway, it involved me helping out immediately after a car accident. The dream was a little gory (blood was everywhere!), but I felt relatively calm as I was in control and doing the best I could to help people, and having some success at it.

Then, after some grilling over at Casa de Verity Rose, a few of us head off to St. Paul for some fireworks-viewing and shenanigans. We biked home, rounded up the posse and got in Josh's van for a trip to Susan's to use her car. As we approached Susan's car, I have this strange feeling of deja vu. That car was in my dream, I'm sure of it! I thought about saying something, but psychic premonitions be damned, we've got fireworks to watch

So we make a pit-stop at the Holy Land for some lamb, and are headed out down University when this Saturn pulls out from a side street and we hit it. The damage was minimal and no one ended up being hurt, so I didn't have to save any lives or anything like that, but I was a little freaked out by the whole experience.

No comments: