Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Apple iPhone

it looks awesome. My prediction: this device will be bigger than blackberries, bigger than ipods. Assuming that Cingular can hold up their end of the bargain, that is. I wonder how long this device will be exclusive to Cingular, honestly (obvious answer: until other cell phone providers get their act together). Good move by apple of restricting it to one provider though - it's easy to assign blame that way. The all-touch screen is a great idea, and I trust Apple to be able to pull it off with few glitches. Sounds like apple is doing all the tech support themselves for these things, by the way. I'm excited, really.

The price tag is ridiculous, but ensures this product will be in the hands of "core Apple geeks" first, as well as those with more money than they know what to do with. I wonder how much the per month contract is going to be? I'm guessing $80/month, but something as low as $60 wouldn't surprise me either.

The Apple TV thing also should be cool, though you can easily do most everything that it can do with a modified xbox these days! The streaming video thing is important not only for simplicity, but also to avoid lawsuits. I wonder if you can surf the web with this thing? I'd love to watch some Homestar Runner on my teevee.

Anyway, check out the apple website to learn more about these fancy new doodads.

No comments: