Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Movies

As some of you know, I've been sick the past few days. I really hate being sick. But it gives me time to watch movies, which I rarely do.

In addition, I saw Borat (the movie) awhile ago. I fall pretty squarely into the "oh, that guy was funny before everyone else discovered him" camp. I wasn't very impressed with the movie. If you want to see real hilarious Borat in action, get a couple of DVDs of Da Ali G Show - he's much better suited to small sketches, plus you get the bonus of watching the Ali G Show as well.

Also, saw Thank You for Smoking the other night. Really liked it. Eight out of 11 stars up or whatever. That girl that Tom Cruise married is really hot. At least I think that's her in this movie, but I'm not sure. Recommended viewing for anyone with an interest in influence.

Next up on my movie list: The Fog of War (for what seems like the fifth time - this movie is one of my all-time favorites), an Inconvenient Truth (which I'm embarrassed for not having seen by now), A Scanner Darkly (maybe), What the Bleep do we Know, Little Miss Sunshine, Manufacturing Consent (if I can find it).

No comments: