Friday, September 09, 2005

Wicked Kanye remix

Okay, so you all have heard Kanye West's comments about George Bush not caring about black people by now, right? Well, there's a great "remix" (okay, it's the same beat, new lyrics, not technically a remix) of Gold Digger which features lyrics about Katrina. The lyrics are great, but the production during the chorus is...lacking. But you still need to hear the song:
Five days in this motherfucking attic
I can't use the cellphone I keep getting static
Dying 'cause they lying instead of telling us the truth (...)
Screwed 'cause they say they're coming back for us, too
but that was three days ago and I don't see no rescue(...)

Swam to the store, tryin' to look for food
Corner store's kinda flooded so I broke my way through
Got what I could but before I got through
News say the police shot a black man trying to loot
via and

No comments: