Friday, June 24, 2005

All your 24-hour news channels are belong to kidnapping terrorists

I mean, really. Good thing there is NOTHING else out the that's newsworthy enough to cover. Or maybe it IS newsworthy and our attention needs to be divided by other stories? I don't know how to say it and not sound callous, but people go missing pretty frequently. Is giving us 24-hour updates on the progress of the search really the only way to get ratings?? Please cover something else, thanks.

On a related (yet equally callous) note, I'd be interested to find out how many missing kids there are for every high-profile case that gets some ink. AND I'd like to know what percentage of an average newscast is eaten up by those stories...

Whew, a 2-paragraph almost-rant makes me feel better!

No comments: