Saturday, March 12, 2005

Housekeeping!

My feed aggregator (which collects the content of every blog I read, 30+ of them) has become chock-full of stuff that I've really been meaning to post about, but haven't. So, in no particular order, I'm dropping it all here:

If you haven't picked up a copy of this week's City Pages, there's a good interview with Dave Durenburger, former Minnesota Senator. He discusses the "us vs. them" mentality (re: neocons and classic conservatives) which seems to be affecting Republicans everywhere. The weird thing is, I read about it on Tapped! before I even got a City Pages.

I haven't even watched it yet, but apparently there's a mashup of video from Superfriends with audio from Office Space.

Apparently Apple has won its case against a blogger (a 19-year-old Harvard freshman, at that) who runs a site called ThinkSecret which published some hot Apple rumors which turned out to be completely true. Now the blog must reveal its sources, though an appeal is on the way I'm sure. Wired also has an article (which I haven't read - it was just announced yesterday).

Also from slashdot - A sneak peek at the new Wallace and Gromit flick!

If you're looking for some great new music, and want to acquire it legally (!), check out this article about SXSW, which is offering a torrent of over 2.6 gigs of downloadable songs from the artists playing the festival. Granted, you need BitTorrent to make it work, but you've already been running that for awhile now, right?

Daily Kos links to an interesting read - the Luntz playbook:
I find it odd that we leak the Luntz playbook -- which (among other things) tells Republicans to deflect every tough question with an appeal to 9/11 -- has garnered complete media silence. Nothing.

It's a cynical document, no doubt, but an extremely newsworthy one. Heck, it's the GOP speech code, in all its glory, laid bare to the world
Okay, so that wasn't exactly everything I've been holding back on, but it's a good start...I promise to write more, maybe even this weekend!

No comments: