Friday, December 10, 2004

MoveOn to DNC: PWNED!!!1!

Go MoveOn! From salon.com:
Liberal powerhouse MoveOn has a message for the "professional election losers" who run the Democratic Party: "We bought it, we own it, we're going to take it back."

This is clearly good news for those of us who think the Dems are going a little too far to kiss some corporate butts. If you click the link, you'll have to watch a quick ad, but such is the price of salon. The article is short, but optimistic.

Also, I've been reading lots of stuff today about the DNC needing to swing back to the left instead of the center. David Sirota of American Prospect has the best piece I've read yet: Dems just need to frame their arguments better to turn economic issues into right-vs.-wrong issues...

As long as I'm linking to salon, here's an op-ed piece on those asking the tough questions of our Defense Secretary. I mean, are the troops the only ones who are in a position to question Rumsfeld? I've read plenty of stuff today that mentions that a reporter asked this particular soldier to ask this question...WHY IS THAT? What was this reporter so afraid of that he couldn't ask Rumsfeld himself? Or why didn't he have access to him to ask this question directly?

I'm not sure if the footage of the Q & A session is being played on network news or not, but the Daily Show rolled lots of it last night...I've never seen Rummy so out of his element. He was clearly rattled by that question, and another posed later, claiming the classic defense..."it's too early in the morning and I'm an old man"

No comments: